Survival Chic Says - Be Sure to Prep... but do it with Style

A New Adventure

I want to thank all my readers who have stayed with me... I am overwhelmed by all the messages and support I have gotten when i asked a simple question... 'do you want me to blog again'....

Wow..

So I need to give you all a bit of an explanation about my disappearance over the last year.   I stopped blogging exactly one year ago.   And, I took down my old blog (much to the dismay of my readers... i mean....who knew i was so interesting... he he? )....  There were two reasons, both of which I am sure you will agree with.

The first reason was the support and interest in Survival Chic was overwhelming and had some unforeseen consequences.   I never expected to have thousands of followers and hundreds of daily emails and, as it continued to grow,  I had a problem... Survival Chic is a nom d plume.. and i wanted to stay private.  

The farm I was on was an old family farm and there were other family and prepper members.  As those of you know who read my old blog I tried to be a stickler for keeping the whole thing anonymous.   But,  TV producers who wanted me to be on a Nat Geo show found me (so much for OPSEC) and Sleuthy writers who wanted to do a story around me found me.     I never started out to be a pubic figure.. and now i was on the edge of being one....but what was worse was our little hideaway was becoming something of a treasure hunt...  Where was it?   So for the security of my extended prepper family  I realized something had to change.

Enter my new project.  I have a new ranch.  Still in the Gold Country Foothills.  Still with all the things I feel one needs for long term survival (well there is a plan anyway).   And of course it has amazing 'bones' so it will be stylish and beautiful.   My new blog will chronicle our ongoing adventure.  This is a win win for everyone.  My fans can follow, FB and others new media folks who require we not be so anonymous are happy, and my extended prepper family can remain in the shadows.

New ranch has running year round springs (in California this is a big thing!) 


The ranch is original and historic.. .and it has stone and adobe walls... pretty fun huh?


The other reason I haven't written for a year?  Have you ever tried to get an old ranch back on line....It has taken this long to bring the first parts of my new ranch functional... Whew!  I will be writing lots more on that as we bring it all to life....

Best to you

Survival Chic


No comments:

Post a Comment